- To represent its members in their relations with their employer, umbrella or Agency and to be the exclusive representative of appropriate units of school employees in all matters relating to employment conditions and employer-employee relations including, but not limited to, wages, hours, and other terms and conditions of employment.
- To form a representative body capable of developing group opinion on professional matters to speak with authority for unit members.
- To provide an opportunity for continuous study and action on problems of the profession.
- To provide a means of representation for its diverse membership.
- To promote professional attitudes and ethical conduct among members.
- To encourage cooperation and communication between the profession and the community.
- To foster good fellowship among members.